Thursday, July 16, 2009

Deb -The Hugger


Debbie (from Ottowa), one of our team members, has such a big heart. She has always worked with children with disabilities and she just loves on everyone that she meets. She especially loves to hug and talk to those people that look like they are being ignored. She spent the majority of her day at the clinic rubbing Vaseline on people’s legs and feet just to pamper them. Remember these are legs that may or may not have Elephantiasis, feet that are never washed and are very calloused and damaged. I’ll admit, I tried to rub the Vaseline on them as well and I only lasted about 5 minutes. It was too emotional and disturbing for me and it made me very sad. These people were amazed by her kindness. I’ve admired her loving heart. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone like her before.

No comments: