Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tomorrow is the big day!








We had a nice 4th of July weekend with friends and family. It was a bummer that it rained all day on the 4th but overall we had fun. We were decked out in red, white and blue!



My bags are packed and I'm ready for the trip to Africa! I have to be honest, the kids are not too excited about me going. I've decided to take them to grandma and grandpa's house before we head to the airport to avoid a possible traumatic goodbye scene. I'm sure they will be fine but I'm feeling sad too.

It may sound loco but I think it will be relaxing to finally be on the plane. I'm mentally tired and I'd just like some decompression time. Our flight leaves at 4:15pm on Mon. , we connect in Amsterdam and arrive in Entebbe, Uganda on the 7th @ 8:15pm (they are 8 hrs. ahead).
More details to follow...

ps. Thank you for all of your prayers and donations. I couldn't be doing this without you. It has been amazing how this trip has come together with the help of our friends and family. I feel very grateful for this opportunity.

pss. I love my girls. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo













psss. love you babe...I hope your event on Sat. is awesome.

No comments: