Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lake Mburu
















We spent the day at lake Mburu National Park. We spent many hours on the bus on a very very bumpy road. There are few traffic rules in this country. Everyone kind of drives on the left side. However, you can pass the cars in front of you whenever you want...plus there are boda bodas (motorcycle taxis) everywhere. So imagine it being pitch black outside, no street lights, no lines on the roads, passing cars 2 at a time at top speed, barely missing the oncoming traffic, hanging on for dear life...that is the Ugandan traveling experience. Just close your eyes and put your ipod on and say a little prayer!
Anyway, when we arrived at the park, we went on a walking tour and immediately saw zebras everywhere. There were warthogs (Pumba), various kinds of deer/antelopes, and baboons. We then went on a boat tour and saw lots of hippos, a few crocodiles, river eagles, and various birdies that I know nothing about...I'm not gonna lie...I was dozing off at this point. If I had a hammock, I would have been out for hours. It has been such a long 2 weeks that my body is shutdown mode. It was very cool though.

No comments: