Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Africa or Bust!

3 hours until I head to the airport! My bags are packed and bulging at the seams. I have 2-51 lb. bags and a carry-on suitcase. One suitcase is filled with school supplies. The other is filled with misc. food, a small ax, a welcome bag of goodies for our new sponsored family, towel, various tolietries like toothbrushes, peanut butter and jelly...oh and a few pieces of clothing for me:) After a couple of hours, I managed to get my suitcase that was 7 lbs. over- weight to just under 51 lbs. Hopefully, the scales at the airport are not far off from ours! My carry-on has all of my electronics (laptop, camera, video camera) books, snacks, tolietries, and a change of clothes. Did I mention that my husband is the "Pack-Master"? He managed to get everything in my suitcase after I became so frustrated when I could only get half of it to fit.

I leave O'Hare at 5:40 pm and land in London @ 7:20am...then we have a 14 hr. lay-over...yes, 14 hours... and then get on a plane to Uganda, Africa @ 9:15pm and land in Entebbe @ 7:45am (see map). It's going to be a long one folks. I think getting there will be half the battle. We'll be staying in the city of Kampala. I think we'll have a day to get adjusted and get over the jet-lag and then we will begin some construction projects..the first one is in Busia and we'll be staying the night there. I'll try to keep you updated as we go. We downloaded Skype on our computers so hopefully, I'll be able to call home and talk to the kids thru the computer...I will miss them a ton. Anyway, I'm off. I Love You and thanks for all of the encouraging words:)

5 comments:

Mom said...

Hi Ang,
Are you there? I am so excited for you. Keep me posted.
Love you and God bless, Mom

Angie K said...

Hi Ang,
Thinking of you.May God Bless you and your group in your travels today. Angie K.

Shannon said...

Hey Angi~
We are thinking of you a ton. I hope your travels have been good so far. Can't wait to hear from you!
Love you!
Shannon G

Bruce Keintz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bruce Keintz said...

Hey Angi,
We had fun with the girls yesterday. Sandi took them to a farm where they had a ton of fun, then they went to the pool to cool off. We are all praying for you! Take care!

Bruce