Friday, July 6, 2007

So... What do I Pack?


Ok...I'm staring at an empty suitcase. How do you pack for a third world country? Ben, from GFR, sent us the list: Purell, Plane ticket, sleeping bag, pillow, towel tolietries, snacks, peanut butter, jelly, water bottle, cereal, camera, journal & the Bible. Of course there are luxury items to consider...like your laptop, a change of clothes for everyday, a razor. Do I really need to bring a razor? Will the Ugandans really care if I have hairy legs or armpits...doubtful, but it's one of those luxury items that normally we would feel to be a necessity for any other trip. The point is, I'm trying not think like a spoiled American when I'm packing...I will be surrounded by people that have nothing and I don't want to look like a tourist. As one of my old friends said to me this weekend, "how does a 5'2'' blonde blend in?" I guess I can't.

2 comments:

Ben Pahlow said...

You are so funny! Yeah! I think you will be a little conspicuous here... BLONDE!

Looking forward to having you... and by the way...can you please pack your razor??

Melody

Ben Pahlow said...

Can't wait to see you!!!!!
Say hi to Ken for me!
You are loved, Ben