Thursday, July 19, 2007

Just Chillin...

Here I lay in the grass in front of Westminster Abbey in London. The trip is going well so far but I'm very, very tired. As explained, we have a 14 hr. lay-over in London so all 10 of us left the airport to see some sights. We took the train to the Abbey and then walked to Buckingham Palace. Since I had been to London before, I just laid on the lawn while everyone took the tour inside. I want to add that I'm traveling with some really great people.6 of us are from Chicago (Me, Silvia, Kathy, Dan, Dr. Mark-Ben's Heart Dr., and his son Kevin), 3 from California(Elton -pastor that used to live in Chicago, Billy and Lisa), and 1 from Colorado (JJ-Ben's cousin). I'm sure I'll talk about them more as time progresses but it's amazing how you get to know people so quickly when you are around them in these circumstances. Also I'd like to mention that British Airways ROCKS! We had excellent food on the flight and each person had their own little tv with about 40 movies, tv shows, and music to choose from...I felt very spoiled considering what we are about to encounter in the following days. I just wish I could sleep sitting up...its been rough.

No comments: